Friday, May 7, 2010

Attractive vs Repulsive

I consider this picture of wood repulsive. Instead of looking at what it is actually a picture of, which is seen as attractive, I saw more of how these trees had been cut down and took a more political view of this, deforestation. For this photo I color balanced it and than I put an overlay layer with a slight blur over it to bring out the colors.

This picture of the pond near my house I see as attractive. All the colors and the sunlight look beautiful. For this photo I just put an overlay layer over it with a slight blur to create what I hopped would look like sunlight.



This photo is of my aunts hand. At first it may seem repulsive because her hands are wrinkly but it really is beautiful. The lines in her hands show that shes been through life. Also her diamond wedding ring represent the love her and her husband have for each other. For this photo I blurred the background and brought the contrast up by playing around with the curve tool.






This first photo of my friend Emily I consider repulsive. Although the girl is beautiful, her face is covered in heavy makeup, hiding her natural beauty. Also her "dumb blonde" look she has on her face makes her seem stupid. While stupidity might not be what is repulsive, the fact that she has a dumb look on her face makes it seem like she is acting dumb which is repulsive. In this photo I clone stamped out some redness on Emily's face and whitened her teeth. I than color burned her lips and eyes to make her makeup look more heavy. I than put an luminosity layer over with a slight blur to soften up the whole photo.







No comments:

Post a Comment